Simple Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp ginger powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup heavy cream (½ cup Hoosier Hill Farm Heavy Cream Powder and ½ cup water)
- finely chopped herbs
- red pepper flakes
- Prepare ahead of time: Make a ½ cup of heavy cream: mix a ½ cup Hoosier Hill Farm Heavy Cream Powder and ½ cup water. Refrigerate for at least an hour before making the pumpkin soup.
- Step one: Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin puree, chicken broth and spices.
- Step two: Whisk until it just starts to boil.
- Step three: Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step four: Remove the pan from heat, then whisk in the heavy cream. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Step five: Pour into bowls and garnish. Serve warm, enjoy!