Chocolate Espresso Cake
- 3 Tbsp Hoosier Hill Farm Espresso Powder
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups fine granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Chocolate frosting of your choice
- Hoosier Hill Farm Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans for topping
Step one: Preheat the oven to 350F.
Step two: Combine butter with sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
Step three: In a separate bowl combine Espresso Powder, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
Step four: Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, making sure all ingredients are combined. Once combined, pour in brewed coffee and mix to combine with the cake batter.
Step five: Divide cake batter between two, lightly sprayed, 8 inch cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Step six: Remove cake from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting with a chocolate frosting of your choice. Decorate with chocolate covered espresso beans and enjoy!